用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语:大学毕业生的“就业焦虑症”

字体:    回复
双语:大学毕业生的“就业焦虑症”
summ(2012/12/9 22:14:18)  点击:86792  回复:0  IP:14.* * *
As the job-hunting season kicks off, many grads are suffering from anxiety.

随着求职季的到来,许多毕业生都感到焦虑不堪。

Job interview results are becoming the most common conversation topic in dormitories. Worried about not getting satisfactory offers, some students have sleep problems, or lose their appetite. Some might even display symptoms of depression.

工作面试结果成为宿舍里最普遍的话题。由于担心找不到称心的工作,一些学生寝食难安。有人甚至还出现了抑郁症的症状。

According to a survey across several universities in Wuhan conducted by Wuhan Yangtze Business University, over 72 percent of student participants were worried about finding a job.

由武汉扬子商学院发起的一份调查显示,在武汉的几所高校中,超过72%的受访学生对求职感到担忧。

Students in the first one or two years were also uneasy about their job prospects, which contributed to spreading anxiety further.

学生们在刚进大学的一到两年里也为自己的职业前景担忧,这也造成了焦虑感的进一步蔓延。

Lang Lei, 22, a business major from Renmin University in Beijing, admitted having mood swings when job hunting.

就读于北京人民大学商科专业、22岁的郎磊(音译)承认自己找工作时会遭遇情绪波动。

The student hoped to get positions with large State-owned enterprises in his hometown of Yantai, Shandong. But when it turned out that things wouldn’t be so easy, Lang became concerned.

他希望能在家乡山东烟台找到一份大型国企的工作,但事情没那么简单,郎磊为此忧心忡忡。

“I began to worry,” said Lang, who has now changed to more realistic goals. “Sometimes it was impossible for me to stop worrying and it become really irritating. I had to talk about it on and on with my friends.”

现在,郎磊已经设定了更为现实的目标。他说:“我开始担心,有时会无法摆脱忧虑的状态,这实在是令人烦恼。我必须不断地向朋友吐槽。”

Others feel tortured while waiting for interview results. Mo Tong, a senior software engineering major at South China Normal University, would lapse into a jittery state every time after he attended a job interview.

还有些人在等待面试结果时饱受煎熬。莫童(音译)是来自华南师范大学软件工程专业的大四学生,每次参加完面试,他都会紧张不安。

“For a day or two I couldn’t help but keep thinking about how I performed in front of the interviewers, how well I tackled their questions, and whether they would consider giving me a chance in the end,” he said.

“有一两天,我都会忍不住反复回想自己在面试官面前的表现,问题回答的是否漂亮,以及他们最终能否给我一次机会,”他说道。

Mo was unable to focus on other things as his apprehension grew. Often he just wanted to grab a phone to call the Human Resources Department, but he didn’t have their number.

随着焦虑情绪的滋长,莫童变得无法集中精力做其他事情。好多次,他只想抓起电话打给给人力资源部门,但是他没有他们的电话号码。

“This made me extremely desperate. Even hearing ‘No’ for an answer would have been a relief,” Mo recalled.

“这让我极度绝望。就算被拒绝也是一种解脱。”莫童回忆说。

Media reports about rising unemployment rates and a difficult job market have touched students’ nerves.

媒体对失业率攀升以及就业市场低迷的大肆报道也触到了学生的痛处。

“I’m alarmed by articles saying how bachelor’s degree holders are losing ground,” said Wang Hongjuan, a sophomore English major from Putian University in Fujian province. “It suggests to me that good jobs are only available to graduate or doctoral students.”

“那些讲述本科生求职失利的文章令我感到恐慌,”就读于福建莆田大学英语专业大二年级的王洪娟(音译)说。“对于我来着,这暗示着好的工作机会只会留给那些硕士和博士。”

As Wang has no plans to further her education, she has to commit herself to all sorts of extracurricular activities to improve her prospects. This throws her into a packed schedule.

因为没有任何深造计划,所以王洪娟必须投身于各种课外活动中来,以期能有更好的前途。因此她的日程排的满满的。

Wen Fang, a well-known education psychology expert and consultant in Beijing, advises students not to be misled by gloomy surveys and reports about the job market.

来自北京的知名教育心理专家兼顾问温方(音译)建议学生不要被那些有关就业市场不景气的调查与报道所误导。

“Unemployment rates are not linked to an individual’s chances of getting a job,” he said. “An individual’s chances are actually mainly determined by his or her capability.”

“失业率与个人求职成功机率之间并无关联,”他说道,“一个人求职成功机率主要由个人能力决定。”

According to Wen, a moderate degree of anxiety is normal - it can even be helpful. But if it constantly affects a student’s normal life, one should pay more attention. “Focus on adapting yourself to the needs of society, and never ever overestimate your goals,” Wen added.

温方表示,中等程度的焦虑是正常的,甚至是有益的。但如果影响到学生的正常生活,那么就要多加小心了。温方补充说:“重点在于要让自己适应这个社会的需要,绝不要高估自己的目标。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语:大学毕业生的“就业焦虑症”
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找