用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[双语阅读]:参与911急救及周边人员患癌率高

字体:    回复
[双语阅读]:参与911急救及周边人员患癌率高
suitel(2013/10/22 13:52:23)  点击:87687  回复:0  IP:180.* * *
  With the 12th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks approaching, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has released statistics showing that many are still suffering from the attack over a decade later.
  According to the NIOSH, 1,140 responders and people living near the World Trade Center (WTC) at the time of the attack have been diagnosed with WTC-related cancer. This number is 15% higher than the cancer rate of the general population. As if that isn’t bad enough, doctors say the number of cancer cases the NIOSH is aware of is likely just a fraction of the total.

“There are more cases out there, because we just know of the people in our government-funded medical programs, not those who have been treated by their private doctors,” said Dr. Jim Melius, chairman of the 9/11 Health Watch board for the WTC Responder Medical Program. “Because of the carcinogens in the air at Ground Zero, people who were exposed are vulnerable. And with cancer, there is a delay.”

The types of cancer being diagnosed vary, but skin cancer appears to be the most commonly diagnosed form. The top five most diagnosed cancers are:

Non-Melanoma skin cancer – 156 cases

Melanoma of skin – 117 cases

Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma – 112 cases

Thyroid – 97 cases

Leukemia – 76 cases

Several responders that have been diagnosed with cancer spoke with the NY Daily News recently.

“It was always in the back of everyone’s mind we were in jeopardy given the contamination down there, but the entire world was calling on you, it felt so good to serve, there was no wanting to escape,” said Marty Cervillione, an engineer with the city’s Design and Construction Department.

Cervillione spent three months at Ground Zero while piles of rubble were still smoldering after the towers collapsed. He has been diagnosed with gastroesophageal cancer.

“I think about the guys who passed away and I am fortunate,” said Detective Pulley, an NYPD officer who spent months at Ground Zero. “Yeah, I have kidney cancer, but I am still here with my family. If God forbid we were ever attacked again, I would still do the same thing.”

Tina Engel, an Oncology Nurse at a WTC Clinic, has seen a dozen confirmed cases of WTC-related cancer in only two months of work.

“I am here just two months, and I have identified a dozen new cancer cases, and I have another 25 patients whose diagnostic test results are pending. The good news is that with the new [Zadroga] federal funding, I get what I need when I need it for our patients. Their biopsies and scans are turned around in a week. Cancer trumps everything.”

在911恐怖袭击满十二周年之际,美国国家职业安全与健康研究所发布了一组数据,称当年恐怖袭击后参与急救和居住在世贸中心周边的人当中已有1140人被诊断出患有癌症,而且实际数字可能会更高。报告称,这个患癌比例比普通人群高出了15%。911健康监测组主席吉姆博士指出,袭击后世贸中心周边的空气中充满了致癌物,在那里活动的人都更容易罹患癌症。他表示,实际的患癌人数会更高,因为此次数据没有包括那些找私家医生诊治的人群,而且有些癌症还有潜伏期。报告数据显示,在诊断出的癌症病例中,皮肤癌最常见;所有病例中最多发的癌症前五位分别是非黑色素性皮肤癌、黑色素瘤、非霍奇金氏淋巴瘤、甲状腺癌,以及白血病。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[双语阅读]:参与911急救及周边人员患癌率高
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找