用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:迟到也是病 英国大叔迟到了一辈子 中英阅读

字体:    回复
迟到也是病 英国大叔迟到了一辈子 中英阅读
besky(2015/8/26 14:38:57)  点击:87843  回复:0  IP:116.* * *
man who has been late for everything in his life - from funerals to first dates - has had his chronic tardiness diagnosed as a medical condition。

在他的生活中,无论做什么事都迟到——从葬礼到初次约会——他的慢性迟到已经被诊断为是一种病症。

Jim Dunbar has been late for work, holidays, meals with friends, left women waiting on first dates and even had to sneak into funerals long after they’ve begun。

吉姆·邓巴工作、假期、和朋友吃饭都会迟到,第一次约会时让女友一直等待,甚至是参加葬礼,他也不得不在开始很久后偷溜进去。

The 57-year-old said that his poor timekeeping is down to a medical condition that he was diagnosed with at an appointment at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee - which he was 20 minutes late for. Mr Dunbar still struggles to arrive on time despite his diagnosis of chronic lateness。

现年57岁的吉姆说,他的迟到被苏格兰港口城市邓迪的Ninewells医院(欧洲最大的教学医院)诊断为一种病症——尽管他努力准时到达医院,却还是晚了20分钟。

It is thought that the condition is caused by the same part of the brain affected by those who suffer from Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and means Mr Dunbar cannot properly gauge how long things take to complete。

他的状况和患有注意缺陷多动障碍的人一样,受到脑部的同一部分影响,这使邓巴先生不能准确估算出做一件事需要多长时间。

Mr Dunbar said: 'The reason I want it out in the open is that there has got to be other folk out there with it and they don’t realise that it’s not their fault. I blamed it on myself and thought 'Why can’t I be on time? I lost a lot of jobs. I can understand people’s reaction and why they don’t believe me.'"

邓巴先生说:“我想要公布我的病症的原因是:肯定还有其他人也是这样,他们不知道这不是他们的错。我为此责怪自己,心想:‘为什么我就不能准时一点呢?我失去了很多工作,我可以理解人们的反应,还有他们为什么不信任我。’”

'It’s depressing sometimes. I can’t overstate how much it helped to say it was a condition.' Mr Dunbar recently tried to go to the cinema and knowing it could be a problem getting to Dundee’s DCA cinema for a 7pm showing, he gave himself an 11-hour head start。

“有时这很令人沮丧。我无法表达知道这是一种病我有多高兴。” 邓巴最近想去邓迪的DCA电影院,电影晚上7点开始,他怕自己迟到,于是11个小时前就准备好。

But he still managed to arrive 20 minutes late。

但还是迟到了20分钟。

Mr Dunbar said: 'I got up at 8:15am to go to a David Bowie film at the DCA that started at seven o’clock. That gave me 11 hours to get ready. I knew I was going there - and I was 20 minutes late. I get down about it and it’s disturbing for other folk when you arrive late.'

邓巴先生说:“我为了要晚上7点去DCA电影院看大卫·鲍伊的电影,早上8:15就起床了。我有11个小时准备,我知道自己该走了——还是晚了20分钟。我实在太失望了,如果你去晚了,会打扰到别人。”

But some experts are sceptical about Mr Dunbar's diagnosis。

也有专家质疑他的病情诊断。

The condition isn't in the DSM5 (the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) so I'm not sure you can really call it a condition,' said Dr Sheri Jacobson, psychotherapist and director of Harley Therapy Clinic in London。

“这种病不在DSM59(美国精神病学协会的精神疾病诊断和统计手册)里面,所以我不确定可以叫它一种医学病症,” 伦敦哈雷治疗诊所的心理治疗师兼主任谢瑞·雅各布森博士说。

"Repeated lateness is usually a symptom of an underlying condition such as ADHD or depression but it can also just be habit. I think making everyday human behaviour into a medical condition is unwise.'

“总是迟到,通常是多动症或抑郁症的症状,但有可能也只是习惯。我觉得把人们的日常行为判断为病症是不明智的。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:迟到也是病 英国大叔迟到了一辈子 中英阅读
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找